This casserole dish, of all kinds of yummy, my aunt brings to almost all family things. Well, with Covid changing everything, I decided to make it at home. Bacon, cheese, tater tots. I mean, how do you go wrong with that? So, no more rambling! I know you just want to skip ahead to the recipe! Oh! And I remembered to take a couple pictures. I’m getting the hang of this food blogging!
Bacon Jalapeño Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2.5 cups Tex Mex shredded cheese
- 1 pound bacon cooked & crumbled
- 6 jalapeños deseeded & diced
- 1 (about 2lbs) bag tater tots
- 6 green onions diced
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Line and cook tater tots as directed (usually 425F for 15 minutes)
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 2 cups of tex mex cheese, bacon (make sure to save some for the topping), diced Jalapeno peppers, and green onions (make sure to save some for topping). Stir thoroughly .
- Line casserole dish with tater tots.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over top the tater tots.
- Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese, the bacon pieces, and green onion slices over the top.
- Bake at 425F for 20 minutes.