Today, we are featuring a guest post! A yummy recipe, that was originally posted to Simply Sweetly Blessed. Diana has so graciously shared it with us!
Are you looking for a delicious Asian-inspired meal but not wanting the usual takeout? Look no further. This meal has everything from the convenience of takeout, to the taste of a fancy restaurant that your whole family will love!
From the Korean-style beef with savory and sweet sauce to the tangy pickled cucumbers on the side. This meal was actually a big win with my 10 year old, so you know it must be good.
Super simple to make and coming in at just around 30 minutes to make, it has earned it’s spot in my popular “30 Minute Meals” collection.
So if you can’t seem to come up with new dinner ideas, I’ve got you covered. Let me know what you think in the comments! And if you love it, please pin and share! Happy eating!
Korean-Style Beef and Rice with Pickled Cucumbers
- Vegetable peeler
- Box grater
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 scallions
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 carrots
- 3 tsp hot sauce (optional – I used sriracha)
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 3/4 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp seasame oil
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- Prep all veggies. Thinly slice scallions separating whites from greens. Peel carrot and grate with box grater.
- Heat 1½ cups of water, rice, and a pinch of salt in a small pot. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 15-18 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While rice cooks, in a small pot, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and apple juice. Heat on low until sugar melts. Once melted, let cool. Stir in garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber into thin slices. (Don't include seedy middle part)
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tbsp. vinegar and 1 tsp sugar. Add cucumber slices and coat. Set aside.
- Combine sour cream and hot sauce in another small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over med-high heat. Add carrots and cook until tender (about a minute). Salt and pepper carrots. Place in small bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, heat another drizzle of oil. Add scallion whites and cook until tender. Brown beef with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp. vinegar and sauce mixture to beef. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat.
- Top rice with beef mixture, scallion greens, carrots, and sour cream. Serve with a side of cucumbers. Enjoy!
Thank you again Simply Sweetly Blessed , for sharing this very yummy recipe with us! For more like this, check out Simply Sweetly Blessed. Diana would love for you to pop by, and let her know how you enjoyed this recipe!