This is one of my favorite recipes to make, it’s always a fan favourite as well!
I like to serve this meal with a slice of garlic toast and a fresh green salad.
- Chicken Breasts- 1 per person
- Sliced deli ham (I prefer black forest ham)-1 slice per breast
- Provolone Cheese- 1 slice per breast
- 1 package of grape tomatoes
- 1 Jar (large) of Tomato Sauce
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning Mix
- Canola Oil (or whatever you usually use)
- Angel Hair pasta
How to Make It
- Take chicken breast, and lay on a large cutting board.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over top, and pound until flatten and thinner.
- Add slice of ham, and slice of cheese to the chicken breast.
- Then roll up, and hold together with a toothpick.
- Take a deep pan, and turn on medium-high.
- Once hot add oil, and drop in grape tomatoes.
- Cook until they blister.
- Add tomato sauce to the pan, and Italian seasoning. Then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to low-medium heat (or if you have numbers on your stove, about 3-4). Then slowly add chicken breasts and basil, and cover with lid.
- Cook 20-25 minutes.
- I am a huge fan of temp checking. So, if you have a thermometer, stick it in the chicken after 20 mins. Food safe temp for chicken is 165F.
- Fill a pot of water for pasta, let boil.
- When boiling, add a table spoon of oil, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add pasta.
- Angel hair, is so thin, it literally only takes 3 minutes to cook!
- Drain pasta.
- Add to plate, then add chicken (don’t forget to remove toothpicks).
- Drizzle tomato sauce from pan on top of the chicken.
- Serve! And enjoy!
Oh, just a note! We had an incident while I was dishing this up. My husband tried to be helpful, by carrying the plates to the table. I made a perfectly set up dish for a photo, and he dropped it… Straight up, all over my kitchen floor, my pants, my lower cabinets. So, I had to quickly scoop up the chicken, and remake some pasta! Don’t be my husband!
Follow Mama K, on Instagram, @holiday.acres.farm!