Ok – yes, this does look like something out of the show. But I’m going to chalk this recipe up to success. Why? Well, they tasted great, if you ask me. Plus, my two oldest cubs helped! We had some laughs, when I was attempting to melt chocolate and it didn’t turn out great the first go. Anyway, I know how annoying stories are before recipes. So, I won’t go on. Here is the recipe, of these very yummy Oreo Cheesecake Balls! Maybe yours will look more professional than my Nailed It! version.
- 38 Oreos (or in my case, one regular sized bag)
- 8oz of room temp cream cheese (or in my case, one standard size block)
- One bag of white chocolate chips
- Crush Oreos to a fine cookie crumb. You can do this in a food processor. Or be like me. Put the Oreos in a freezer bag & take a heavy rolling pin to them. Set a tablespoon, or so, of crumbs aside.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the softened cream cheese & Oreo crumbs until well blended. Which is only about a minute. If you don’t feel like breaking out the hand mixer, I’m sure a wooden spoon would work.
- Roll the mixture into about 1 inch balls. It should yield you about 24. As you can see from the picture, we were a bit short.
- Place a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper) and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate. You can do this by placing in a glass bowl and melting in microwave on 30 second intervals. Stirring well each time. You don’t want to burn it.
- Take the chilled balls and coat them in the melted chocolate. Just drop them in chocolate roll them around until fully coated and remove. Place back on cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with left over crumbs, place back in fridge and chill for about an hour.
- Then eat and enjoy!