Not sure what to do with stewing beef? The Mama Bears got you covered!
Here is another recipe loved by my family. I actually learned it from my ex-mother in law, and who said they were useless! All you need is a slow cooker for this one! Well, and maybe a stove, for the rice or mashed potatoes. Whichever your fancy is. Our go to is mashed potatoes, but we have served it with rice. It’s very simple, and yummy. And I am sure it will become a favourite in your house, too!
- Slow cooker
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tblsp Bisto (or any kind of gravy mix)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 package onion soup mix
- In a medium bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, gravy mix, beef broth, onion soup mix, and garlic.
- Place stewing beef in slow cooker.
- Pour gravy mix over beef, and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
- Thicken gravy to your liking, by removing beef & stirring in more gravy mix. Stir until thickened. I rarely have to do this, but some prefer thicker sauces.
- I have children, and a husband, that can’t stand mushrooms. But this recipe would be amazing with diced mushrooms!