I’m sure you can tell, I’m not a professional chef, or a foodie blogger. It’s probably obvious just from the finished recipe pictures. I’m a tried, and family tested, cook though. Some work out great. Some not so great.
This one is one of the successes. It is now part, of the regular rotation. It’s also awesome, because you can tweak it to your level of spicy, and easily make it keto friendly! I know you all just want to move on, to the actual recipe, so this where my rambling stops and the recipe starts!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cup shredded cheese Tex-Mex
- 3 jalapenos diced
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cook the ground beef, in a skillet, until no longer pink. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, and tomatoes. Stir together, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While ground beef is cooking, line a 9×13 casserole with the crushed tortillas.
- Place ground beef mixture, over top of the crushed tortilla chips.
- Top with the cheese and jalapenos.
- Bake, on upper rack, for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Amount of seasoning, and jalapenos, can be increased/decreased depending on your level of spice.
- This can be keto friendly. Just leave out the tortilla chips!
- If you don’t have taco seasoning, Tex-Mex seasoning is a great replacement!
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top, sprinkled with a scallion, for added touch!